High Schools students can get the latest IT Productivity Training and Certifications through the IT Academy program, opening-up additional employability opportunities at graduation.
The Microsoft IT Academy program offers students a world-class Microsoft IT learning solution on the latest productivity technologies,
- through online IT eLearning resources for anytime, anywhere learning and collaboration
- with content at the beginner-level and progressing to professional-level IT productivity skills
- so students learn real-world skills and abilities needed for career success
- have a foundation for a lifetime career development, and
- supporting employers and communities with validated workforce skills
The Microsoft IT Academy program is designed to enable schools to plan, manage and deliver IT learning courses effectively and efficiently using the latest in productivity software and time-saving resources. The infrastructure and information included help schools design the right course offerings, align to industry hiring needs and deliver a an engaging and dynamic learning experience to a diverse community of students.
- IT Productivity Curriculum
- E-Learning portfolio for student and educator learning
- Lesson plans and Exam Review kits embedded with project-based learning
- Essential computer skills with Microsoft Digital literacy
- Microsoft Press eBooks online through the E-Reference Libraries
- Academic pricing on Microsoft Office and Microsoft Technology Associate exams
- Ability to become a Microsoft Certification testing Center for on-site certification exam offerings
- One free Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) membership and a 25% discount on additional MCT memberships
- Lab licenses for Microsoft Office 2010, 2007 and Windows 7
- Subscription to DreamSpark software for students
- Subscription to TechNet for software, Knowledge base articles, resource kits, tools and utilities
- Learning Management System (LMS) to manage and track student E-learning
- Learning Content Development System (LCDS) to create your own E-Learning courses
- Educator Professional development through the access to wide range of E-Learning content portfolio
- Resources to market your institution to students
- Institution listing on IT Academy program site to be discovered by potential students
Eligibility: The Microsoft IT Academy is an annual membership program open to all primary, secondary, post-secondary, preparatory schools, vocational and trade, military or technical accredited educational institutions, and accredited sources of continuing education.
Please direct any questions via e-mail to Acadsupp@microsoft.com, or phone at 1-800-508-8454 Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (PST).