The beta version of Producer for PowerPoint 2007 is now available to customers on Microsoft's Connect site!
The producer add-in is being released due to the popular request for the update from the Academia for a version compatible with PowerPoint 2007, Windows Vista, and IE7.
Producer 2007 is a free add-in which enables PowerPoint 2007 users to capture, synchronize, and publish audio, video, slides, and images to create engaging rich media presentations that can be viewed in a web browser.
The Producer 2007 installer download, FAQs, and help resources are available on the Connect site for the Producer 2007 beta site on Connect. To access the beta site on Connect, follow these instructions:
- Click here to jump to the Connect site or type http://www.connect.microsoft.com in your web browser.
- Click Sign In. Enter your Windows Live ID and password, and click Sign In again.
- If you don't have a Windows Live ID, click here to sign up for one.
- If you have not used the Connect site before, a registration screen will display. Click any of the Register links and enter the requested details.
- Choose one of these options and follow the steps:
- If this is your first time accessing the Connect site:
- Click the Connection Directory tab, and then click Office in the Categories list in the left-hand navigation pane.
- Scroll through the list of available Connections and locate the Producer for PowerPoint 2007 Beta. You may want to change the Sort By criteria to list by Connection Name (A-Z) to locate it more quickly.
- When you have found the link for the Producer beta, click the Apply Now link on the right. Clicking this link will jump to the Producer 2007 beta site.
- If you are returning to the Connect site:
- Click the Your Dashboard tab, locate the link for the Producer for PowerPoint 2007 Beta site, and click it.
- In the Producer for PowerPoint 2007 Beta site:
- Review the FAQs and Links on the site for helpful information about Producer and this beta.
- Click the Downloads link in the left-hand navigation pane to download and install Producer 2007.
- Click the Feedback link in the left-hand navigation pane to report any issues and provide feedback to Microsoft.