TechDays 2010 - The technology training conference for South African IT Professionals is coming to Durban, Johannesburg and Cape Town, and it is even bigger this year!
Johannesburg and Cape Town will boast 5 tracks with 5 sessions each following a keynote and Durban 3 tracks with 5 sessions each. In addition Johannesburg and Cape Town events will close off with a launch party as we celebrate the soon to be released SharePoint 2010 and SQL Server 2008 R2.
This will be the premium event where you can learn more about SharePoint 2010, Office 2010, Unified Communications and the rest of our productivity and core infrastructure solutions.
The preliminary details are as follows but as always subject to change and terms and conditions apply.
- Durban, Gateway Cinema Complex - 13 April 2010 (add to calendar)
- Johannesburg, Sandton ICC - 21 April 2010 (add to calendar)
- Cape Town, CTICC - 11 May 2010 (add to calendar)
Johannesburg and Cape Town @ R 795 ex vat and Durban @ R 495 ex vat
- Full access to the TechDays Conference
- Access to the conference party (JHB + CPT only)
- Conference certificate of attendance
- Free SharePoint 2010 BETA Trial DVD
- R200 off a TechEd Africa 2010 ticket if you register and pay for TechEd by June 30th
- Discounts off SharePoint and SQLServer R2 training from Bytes and iSolve
- Full day 5 track conference featuring SharePoint 2010, SQLServer 2008 R2
- Your chance to win one of 3 free passes to TechEd Africa 2010
- Enter the other competitions by handing in your evaluation form to win Jabra headsets, Windows Phones and much more...
I will be presenting the following sessions this year
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Virtualization Considerations and Best Practices
Virtualization is one of the key industry trends. Organizations are virtualizing small departmental workload to critical workload to cut cost, provide business continuity, and easier management of servers. In this session, learn about virtualized deployment of SQL Server and some the best practices for creating a virtualized SQL Server-based infrastructure. We provide insights on performance tradeoffs and cover topics such as using virtualization for business continuity. We also talk about the future roadmap for SQL Server virtualization. Learn about all aspects of SQL Server virtualization in this session.
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 StreamInsight
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 includes an exciting new platform called StreamInsight for building rich data processing over real-time event streams. This technology is ideal for applications that need to process high volumes of event stream data with no latency. Learn the basics of how to build a StreamInsight input adapter for monitoring an event stream, how to construct real-time queries in LINQ and install them in the highly scalable StreamInsight engine, and how to build a StreamInsight output adapter to visualize the results from your queries.
Register now! www.techdays.co.za
Hope to see you there.