If you missed them some interesting things happened this last month:
- Looking for an alternative to Amazon Glacier, the Azure team have recently announce the availability of Azure Cool Blob Storage. You define your Storage account as either Hot or Cool and leverage the same storage API's to access both types of data.
- Azure Stream Analytics is now available in Germany.
- The Azure security team announced recently that they have made cryptographic enhancements and updated the allowed cipher suites to improve security of our azure services and their endpoints.
- Building IoT Solutions? why roll your own management solution, leverage the mature patterns and practices baked into the Azure IoT Gateway SDK.
- Azure SQL Database Geo-replication capabilities now included for all pricing tiers.
- Love Containers!? Azure Container Service is now Generally Available!
- Register AWS EC2 instances as DSC nodes in Azure Automation, via the AWS DSC Toolkit.
- Great blog post discussing in more detail our Plans for Xamarin.
- Interesting article describing implementation of Roll back when a deployment fails in Release Management 2015.
- Visual Studio Code now has an extension for Visual Studio Team Services.
- Interested in what’s next for Release Management? Check out the teams blog post for more details.
- Interesting blog post discussing our VSTS/TFS Testing Tools Roadmap.
- Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle eBook is now available for free!
- The .NET Framework Repair tool has been updated to support additional versions of the Framework. If you are having trouble updating or deploying the .NET Framework this is the tool for you.
- Now that Xamarin will be inbox with VS going forward, I bet you are Interested in what you could do with it. Get started now and check out a blog post from our Swiss MS Team which will help point you in the right direction.
- Windows 10 brings with it some unique and innovative input enhancements, recently at build we announced improved ink functionality coming to the next release of Windows 10. This blog post provides further insight.
- TFS 2015.2.1 is coming! This minor release will fix some issues which have been reported post RTM of Update 2.
- Bash Shell on Windows 10 w000t! check out Scott's post on some details.
- Great blog post on authoring Visual Studio Team Services build & release tasks.
- At build Microsoft announced their Bot Framework, this framework allows us to build intelligent bots for Skype, Slack, Office 365 and many more popular services.
- What’s next for Xamarin and Visual Studio?! at the Xamarin Evolve conference we got a sneak peek on the plans for Xamarin and its integration into the Visual Studio suite of tools.
- Windows Server 2016 Software Defined Networking, how the networking team are innovating in Server 2016.
- Take a look at the next part in a blog series on things you will love about Windows Server 2016. This blog post talks about Software Defined Compute.
- Microsoft recently released Technical Preview 5 for System Center 2016, this blog post covers everything new in this release.