If you are in the Atlanta Area you may be interested in this workshop:
In this beginner level HANDS-ON workshop we will cover the basics of game design, programming and publication. We will build a casual game and publish it to the Windows Store. This workshop is great for students, hobbyists and professional developers who want to learn the basics of game development and publish their first app to the store as no programming skills are required!
||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
1125 Sanctuary Pkwy Suite 300 Alpharetta GA 30009
Please confirm your assistance in the provided link.
If you can't make it that day check my office hours to get in touch with me and I can help you to get you started with your games: http://ohours.org/hielo777
And don’t miss out on the Keep the Cash offer as well. By publishing your app before June 30, 2013 you can get a $100 virtual Visa card for every qualified app you enter (up to $2000*). So don't stop with just one app!
This workshop is hands-on, so to get the most out of the event we strongly encourage you to bring your laptop configured with the following:
1. Mac users only: Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion
2. Windows 8 (a 90-day evaluation version available here)
3. Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 (free)
4. Scirra Construct 2 (free version)
To publish to the Windows Store you will also need a Windows Store developer account:
1. If you are a student, use the DreamSpark benefits for a free account
2. If you are an MSDN Subscriber, use the one-time free account benefit associated with MSDN
3. Otherwise, the account is $49 per annum.
Lastly, for continued learning and access to other programs focused on Windows 8 and Windows Phone development, we highly recommend signing up for the free App Builder program.