If you are installing the WM 6 SDK on Windows Vista you may hit an error that blocks the installation. The error message is:
Could not access network location Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates
This issue is related to a Custom Action (VBScript) we were using to install the Project Templates for Visual Studio – Vista may be blocking VBScript (through security policy, for example) which then causes our installation to fail. If you log the SDK setup, you will see something like:
DEBUG: Error 2738: Could not access VBScript runtime for custom action
While we work on that for the SDK Refresh, here is a simple workaround that will allow you to install the SDKs:
- Click on Start / All Programs / Accessories;
- Right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator;
- Click on Continue in the User Account Control pop-up;
- In the Command Prompt window run the following command: regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll
- Close the Command Prompt window and install the SDKs normally.
Please, let me know if that works for you (and yes, we don’t like VBScript CAs anymore too! 🙂
See you at MEDC 2007!