For the photographers around, I'd like to just to let you know that there is an update version of the Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer for Windows XP available here. From the readme file:
What's New in Version 1.0 (Build 50)?
This updated version of the software includes the following enhancements and fixes:
- Support for the latest cameras from Canon and Nikon, including the Canon EOS 5D, Nikon D50, and others. (See the list of supported camera models below.)
- A new 'Save As...' button has been added to the Toolbar to allow you to save the current image as either a JPEG or TIFF. (See 'Saving images' below for more details on how to use this feature.)
- Significantly improved performance when displaying previews from certain Nikon cameras, including the D70, D70s, and D50.
- Reduced memory usage when generating NEF thumbnails for most Nikon digital SLR models.
- In Setup, 'TIFF' is no longer selected by default as one of the image types the RAW Viewer opens when you double-click the image in Windows Explorer.
- A separator has been added to the Toolbar between the 'Highest Quality' and 'Edit' buttons to reduce the chance of the photographer accidentally pressing the wrong button.
- Fixes for several known issues in version 1.0 of the software, including an issue that could cause certain files to become locked, preventing them from being moved or deleted in Windows Explorer.
And don't forget to visit MS ProPhoto site - it has great info targeting the "advanced amateur" and the professional photographer.