The F# community and the Visual F# team have been working together to bring new community-authored templates for Visual F# into the Visual Studio Gallery.
One step in this has been to create a central GitHub repository for F# community templates, where you can contribute new templates and improve the existing ones. In this way you can make sure your templates get maintained over time and become available for use with new versions of Visual Studio as soon as possible. Contributing your templates to this repository also helps keep consistent naming and style, making them easier for people to use.
Dan Mohl has don an excellent job writing up these templates, here are the articles:
- A New F# ASP.NET MVC 5 and Web API 2 Project Template
- Nancy Templates for F#
- MSTest Project Template for F#
- FSharpTest Template for F#
- New F# Web App Item Templates
- Adding New Items to a Pure F# ASP.NET MVC/Web API Project
- A Few Changes to the F#/C# MVC 4 Project Template
Kevin Ransom and Don Syme