Today I’m XLVI
Thank you to all who left me a note – I will get back to each and everyone of you!
Now some information about my age: It is a Wedderburn-Etherington number, an enneagonal number and a centered triangular number. It is the sum of the totient function for the first twelve integers. 46 is the largest even integer that can’t be expressed as a sum of two abundant numbers. It is the 13th semiprime. It is the atomic number of palladium, the number of human chromosomes and the (decimal) value of the ASCII code for the period (full stop), as well as the code for international direct dial phone calls to Sweden.
This year, I am away from home, but I do get to celebrate my birthday at PDC09, with thousands of fellow geeks. There’s even a geekfest in the evening (which I’m thinking is surprise birthday party for me – how cool could that be!!!!!).
As I look ahead, I’m see a what others did at age 46:
- Ben Franklin conducted kite experiments, and discovered lightning is an electrical discharge.
- Scottish surgeon, James Baird, discovered hypnosis.
- Jack Nicklaus became oldest man ever to win golf’s Masters.
- Alfred Eisenstaedt took his photo of a sailor sweeping up a girl in a kiss during the V-J day celebration in Times Square.
- Theodore Roosevelt was elected to a full term as President in 1904.
- John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963.
and can wonder what lies ahead for me…