I picked up the 8gb version of SanDisk Sansa®TakeTV™ PC to TV Video Player and I must say I am impressed.
It is a memory stick which has a little cradle that plugs into a tv. It has a remote control which pops out to drive the thing.
There is a related service called Fanfare where you can purchase / download TV Shows.
This thing just works.
- Connects to any PC:
- USB 2.0 compliant
- Works with Mac, Linux, Windows Vista and Windows XP
- Connects to any standard TV – Supported AV Outputs:
- Composite Video
- Analog Stereo
- Remote control—for use in the comfort of your living room
- Compact convenient and lightweight:
- Supports MPEG-4 – DivX and xVid
- Supports NTSC and PAL color systems
- Resolution of up to 720×576 (D1) at a bitrate of up to 7Mbps.
- 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios and a range of viewing modes
- DivX (Home Theater profile) certified
- DivX DRM compliant
- Standard replaceable remote control battery