Seriously hooked on Fresca

image

Ok, I'm going to admit it.  I've been keeping it quiet for a while, but it's time I came clean.

I have a serious addiction to Fresca - that "distinctively crisp, moderately smooth, intriguingly citrus, totally refreshing soda".

In this land of Starbucks, you would have thought I would be addicted to coffee - turns out that's not the case.

I do have my morning Caffè Americano, with a shot of suger-free vanilla, but the thing that keeps me going through out the day is my Fresca.

I just can't explain the addiction, but I'm hooked.

Maybe it's because the drink is as old as me, or maybe it's the phenylalanine, or maybe it's something I couldn't get back in Australia which makes it all the more desirable?

It could just be Fresca means "fresh" in Portuguese, Spanish and Italian. and that appeals to me

Who knows.

One thing is certain - I am going to get a fresca now. cheers

Technorati Tags: ,
  1. Dugie says:

Hmmm, so a can of Fresca trumps your Caffè Americano?  Well I’m keen to give a Fresca a go.  I’ll keep you posted 🙂

2. tom says:

sounds like Solo without the calories…

… reading up on phenylalanine… it sounds like it would make sense to limit the number of cans per day of that stuff. As I read on one medical web site: "too much Phenylalanine acts as a neurotoxin and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death."

might have to go back to coffee and risk a heart attack instead… 😉

3. frankarr says:

tom – you scare me.

and it’s nothing like solo. fresca is more grapefruit flavour than lemon

4. tom says:

hey… a man’s got to have a vice… at least yours is legal and free…

5. Garry Trinder says:

Hi Frank,

Your addiction to this particular soda can be traced back to the colorscheme and design used to paint the cans.

There’s a subliminal reference to Microsoft colors and products and although I cannot obtain such Soda here in the Netherlands, I’m now also craving for one.. Yee! ;P

6. Anonymous says:

Back in January, I admitted my addiction to Fresca . That was the last day I had a sip of that "distinctively

Comments are closed.