I'm not talking about .44 magnum
It's my birthday.
Thanks to everyone who has dropped me a note, an sms, a twitter. wrote on my wall in facebook, etc etc etc.
It is really appreciated.
- 1307 – William Tell, a legendary marksman in Switzerland, is said to have successfully shot an apple on his son's head with a single bolt from his crossbow.
- 1626 – St. Peter's Basilica, one of four major basilicas of Rome, was consecrated on the anniversary of that of the previous church in 326.
- 1905 – Prince Carl of Denmark became Haakon VII (pictured), the first King of Norway after the personal union between Sweden and Norway was dissolved.
- 1928 – Walt Disney's Steamboat Willie, the first completely post-produced synchronized sound animated cartoon, was released.
- 1985 – Calvin and Hobbes, a comic strip by Bill Watterson featuring six-year old Calvin and his stuffed tiger Hobbes, was first published.
- 1987 – An underground fire killed 31 people at London's busiest underground station at King's Cross St Pancras.
- 1991 – Croatian War of Independence: Republic of Serbian Krajina forces captured the Croatian city of Vukovar, ending an 87-day siege.