AASG : Tech Ed Australia 07 Countdown Gadget (OMG 94 Days to go)

Security dude, and all round good guy, Rocky Heckman has pulled together a neat little countdown sidebar gadget for TechEd Australia.

I fired it up and it tells me we have 94 days to Tech Ed Australia

OMG. Early Bird ends soon!!! You had better signup if you are heading to Tech Ed this August

The other cool thing about the gadget, it pulls news from TechTalkBlogs - Rocky must have a soft spot for TTB, as he was the first guest editor all those months ago.

Oh, and have you noticed, there are now 18 Australian sidebar gadgets.

[ Current Listening to : The Saints Are Coming by U2 / Green Day from 18 Singles [Bonus Track] ]

1. Tom says:

Would be interested in the web/ expression/ silverlight component of the event but since there 0 info on the tech ed site as to what will be covered I’ll be holding on to my money tightly.

It seems to me these conferences are mainly aimed the corporate folks. For someone like myself running a small development studio it seems hard to justify a) $1500 odd dollars registration b) $5000 odd dollars in lost income c) $2000 for transport and hotel. Especially if I don’t know what the benefits / learning outcomes will be.

Any chance there will be a details as to what will actually be covered in individual sessions?

2. frankarr says:

Tom

good point

we are also running an event we are calling reMIX. it will be in Melb in late June. this will be full of web/expression/silverlight goodness.

where are you based?

3. TOM says:

Frank,

I am based in Sydney. Any chance this might also be run in Sydney?

Do you have more info the Melbourne event?

4. frankarr says:

tom

all the info about reMIX is here

most of the folks who deliver the sessions are local – some sydney based and we’re more than happy to have some 1:1 time

drop me a note and let me know what you would like to do

5. Tom says:

Frank,

Just saw the news re the workshop details in Melbourne. I thinking about going down for this…

… fyi, I don’t have any specific project in the pipeline or in mind at this stage. It’s more a case of evaluating at what stage I should start developing in this arena… and cough cough… how committed Microsoft is to keeping the Silverlight plugin cross platform.

There are minor points of interest such as how can I implement load progress if Silverlight content isn’t streamed to the browser but I guess these could be answered through research on the net.

6. Anonymous says:

Security dude, and all round good guy, Rocky Heckman has pulled together a neat little countdown sidebar gadget for TechEd Australia . I fired it up and it tells me we have 94 days to Tech Ed Australia OMG. Early Bird ends soon!!! You had better signu

Comments are closed.