AFR : Blogger takes free laptop in his stride

Josh’s (or should I say Joshua’s) article is in the AFR today. Moira went out to buy the paper, to put it into the old family scrap book.

The article features Darren Rowse, (*apologies for misspelling your surname*) (a Ferrari recipientTrevor Cook (who commented on the events last week) and yours truly – but Josh got my title wrong. I guess he misheard me during the interview. I am the Group Manager, Technical Communities (not Technical Communications, but that does sound more inmportant doesn’t it?)

The article is online, but presented in the AFR’S all new funky flash interface – so no search engine love for the AFR on this one – Blogger takes free laptop in his stride

BTW, I noticed that Paul Montgomery (aka TinFinger) got the ping from my earlier post. Did you notice the folks listed in his post? I wonder how many of them got a Ferrari????

[ Current Listening to : New Years Day by U2 from 18 Singles [Bonus Track] ]

1. Paul Woods says:

Frank!  I’m mentioned in the TinFinger post… I guess my Ferrari must be lost in the mail 😉

2. frankarr says:

paul – you are a funny fellow.

3. Josh Gliddon says:

Woops, sorry about that Frank. I did mishear… I’ll make sure I get it right next time.

4. Miss the paper on the weekend and thought I would try out the article using AFR Access.  But at $3.30 just to read a single article no way!  Fairfax still need to sort out their online strategy.

5. I’d love to view the article, but the AFR told their digital readers to stick it.

6. Progblogger Darren’s last name is Rowse, not Rouse.

7. AFR Access is a good idea gone pear-shaped.  I can understand it is just as much a Web application as it is a content Web site but the marriage of the two cumbersome.

Frank, think it can look better in WPF?

8. frankarr says:

thx for the tip scientaestubique – i fixed the spelling

9. frankarr says:

Brendon – WPF would be a killer for this. Just have a look at the New York Times reader app.

I would be more than happy to go in and do some "evangelising" at the AFR if asked.

10. Brendon Chase says:

The Times Reader is a bit of puff to get up and running. (sign up to NYT, must run xp/vista, install, run from desktop…)

Not sure if Fairfax would redo a Web site in WPF after just completing this last year.

As content is only one piece of the puzzle then what would be interesting is a competitor written in WPF and integration with MS Office/MYOB documents and so forth. Maybe a proof of concept project for NineMSN/Live team?

11. Anonymous says:

Last week I was in Texas , facilitating a workshop on Evangelism Excellence. It was an internal audience

12. Anonymous says:

Josh’s (or should I say Joshua’s) article is in the AFR today. Moira went out to buy the paper, to put it into the old family scrap book. The article features Darren Rowse, (*apologies for misspelling your surname*) ( a Ferrari recipient ) Trevor Coo

13. Anonymous says: