WPF/E – Right Here, Right Now

Do my eyes deceive me?

WPF/E is coming ...

MSDN has a WPF/E Dev Center, so it must be true!

“WPF/E” is Microsoft’s solution for delivering rich, cross-platform, interactive experiences including animation, graphics, audio and video for the Web and beyond. Utilizing a subset of XAML (eXtensible Application Markup Language) based Windows Presentation Foundation technology, “WPF/E” will enable the creation of content and applications that run within multiple browsers, and operating systems (Windows and Mac) using Web standards for programmability.  Consistent with web architecture, the XAML markup is programmable using Java Script and works well with ASP.NET AJAX. Broadly available for customers the first half of 2007, “WPF/E” experiences will require a lightweight browser plug-in made freely available by Microsoft."

And is the first public CTP of WPF/E really available for download ?

Santa comes early for those who want to create rich web experiences.

Technorati tags: ,

[ Current Listening to : Meet James Ensor by They Might Be Giants from Severe Tire Damage ]

1. Kevin Daly says:

Although Santa’s sleigh is currently in a holding pattern 🙂

I’ll be keen to see it when those links are actually active though.

2. Too bad I’m still waiting on my time-machine from thinkgeek.

3. Anonymous says:

WPF/e info: "WPF/e" is Microsoft’s browser plugin for handling a XAML subset in non-Vista environments. Not all links are live yet… I can’t see stats on Mac plugin, for instance, and staff blogs aren’t yet updated. I’m not sure which whitepaper is the

4. Anonymous says:

Frank Arrigo who I will be having coffee with in MS Sydney in a few days time spotted that the WPF/E

5. Garry Trinder says:

Did MS pull the plug on wpf/e? I saw the dev center was up and running and now it is gone again.

Also the original blog announcing it is completely gone now…odd.

6. frankarr says:

it will be back Dec 4 PST

7. Australian time :), what about in london time ?

8. Anonymous says:

For the last 6 months we’ve been quiet about the progress our team has been making. Today, the first

9. Scott Barnes says:

I also saw today WPF/E and FLASH 9 working along side eachother in terms of dragging and dropping data between the two.

Amazing, and exciting at the same time.

10. Anonymous says:

This week there has been a lot of hype (here, here, here and here) about the December CTP of WPF/e…

11. Anonymous says:

As is usual for this time of the year, we look back a bit. Here’s my top 20 posts for December 2006 .

12. Anonymous says:

Here’s something I havent featued before, the top 20 referrers to articles on my blog. I sense a theme

Comments are closed.