A few weeks ago, Chris Saad gave me a demo of his BIG idea – Touchstone.
Touchstone is a small application that has big implications for companies, communities and individuals. It’ s like a heads-up-display that keeps users informed about things they care about while they work. Here is a quick summary of some specific benefits.
For Personal Use
- Subscribe to changes on your favorite website
- Set rules for what’ s important
- Have updates appear on your desktop while you work
- Teachers publish homework notices to students
- Students keep track of homework and friends
- Keep your eye on competitors while you work
- Publish announcements to staff and customers while they work
- Persist your brand on desktops everywhere
- Keep your readers up-to-date on their own terms
- Monetize your content with client-side ad revenue
- Deliver application updates via a unified alerts platform
- Reach users while your application is closed
Well overnight they had major coverage on TechCrunch, where they announced that the Touchstone team has accepted a round of Angel funding from a local investor.
Another Aussie making waves!!!! And it’s all built using the .NET Framework!
*UPDATE* : Cam reminds me that he interview Chris on a recent 2webcrew podcast. Nice one!