A tale of loss from TechEd 2003

Last year, TechEd was held in Brisbane, at the Convention Center.

Seller's item photo

I have tradionally worn a lovely LOUD Mambo Hawaiian shirt, which was yellow with red roses, similar to the one that is for sale on Ebay. This shirt is no longer available and it is considered a collector’s item –  as are all the LOUD mambo shirts

Well, at last year’s TechEd party (held at Family nightclub), one of the attendees asked me if he could wear my shirt. Foolishly I let him wear it. Next thing I know this dude has run away and I am missing a shirt. I have no idea who he was, and I haven’t seen him since.

So, if anyone sees someone at TechEd 2004 with *MY* Mambo shirt – grab him and please let me know. I want my shirt back!

1. parvez says:

I too want a shirt like that!

How about gifting one to me.See my blog which has some useful info in it for all visitors.

and yes do check http://freshnews.org a favorite website of mine.

2. Steve Hall says:

Boy……after Steve Ballmer’s "Developers! Developers! Developers!" rant, I hadn’t realized that evangelists had understood it to mean "We’ll even give you the shirt off our backs!"

Since it occurred at a company-sponsored event, can’t you expense it?

You should just stock up on them, since you’ve got this nasty habit of being so GIVING…

Seriously though, cool shirt! (Too bad Mambo has had a mid-life crisis and redesigned their benchmark logos…)

3. Tejas Patel says:

Good luck for getting your shirt back. You can have ‘wanted’ signs up there.

4. Anonymous says:

You may be familiar with the

story of my missing Mambo shirt from Tech.Ed 2003 which was held…

5. Anonymous says:

You may be familiar with the story of my missing Mambo shirt from Tech.Ed 2003 which was held in…

6. Anonymous says:

7. Anonymous says:

Well things are winding down, down here, and I feel the need to cover some loose ends.

First, the…

8. Anonymous says:

I got an email from a Tech.Ed attendee this week listing the Tech.Ed Parties (and believe it or not,

9. Anonymous says:

10. Anonymous says:

Gosh, I haven’t posted since Thursday . Can you believe that? It’s been a pretty crazy couple of days

11. Anonymous says:

Gosh, I haven't posted since Thursday . Can you believe that? It's been a pretty crazy couple

12. Anonymous says:

Getting the last of my stuff sorted before heading down to Las Vegas for Mix08 . Trying to decide if

13. Anonymous says: