[via VSTO team]
A series of seven training labs for Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System, Version 2003 has just been published on MSDN.
The labs begin with creating Microsoft Office Word 2003 and Microsoft Office Excel 2003 projects and then go on to walk you through subject areas such as:
- Handling events in Word and Excel.
- Importing data into your documents.
- Setting up security for local computers, network shares, and Web servers.
- Deploying your solutions.
- Using XML nodes to import data in a Word document (written in C#).
- Performing calculations in Excel.
The labs are written in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET, except as noted. If you are just getting started with Visual Studio Tools for Office, or have been using the tools and are interested in exploring the areas mentioned, check out these labs.