ISSUE: Cannot RDP into Windows Azure Web Role.
Remote Desktop used to work for the Windows Azure Web Role instance. One day when trying to do remote desktop to Windows Azure Web Role(after entering username and password) I see the following error:
An authentication error has occurred.
The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
Remote computer: computername.cloudapp.net
CAUSE: Remote desktop certificate had expired.
RESOLUTION: Updated my RDP certificate expiration date. This can be done from the Azure portal.
- From the portal, select your web role.
- Click the configure tab.
- At the bottom, click download. This will open the ‘Configure Remote Desktop’ screen.
- Make sure that the ‘Expires On’ date is some date in future. If not, update the date to a future date.
- You will have to enter the Password. This can be the same as the old password you used before for remote desktop.
- After the changes are saved to Azure, try to RDP into the instance and make sure it works.