In their recent QuickTime update, Apple added a new DLL dependency to their SDK which unfortunately breaks our QuickTime integration. Until this situation is resolved in a more permanent fashion, here is a workaround to get QuickTime to work again in all versions of Expression Encoder:
- From the Start menu, right-click on “Computer” and select “Properties”.
- Select “Advanced system settings”
- In the “System Properties” dialog, click on “Environment Variables…” in the Advanced tab.
- In the “System variables” list, find the “Path” variable and double click on it.
- Add this string at the end of “Variable value” to add the missing directory to your path:
;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\ (For a 64-bit environment)
;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\ (For a 32-bit environment)
- Click OK to close all the dialogs and restart Windows. QuickTime will be working again in Expression Encoder.