Deep Zoom Composer User Guide

To access the User Guide, make sure you have the latest version of Deep Zoom Composer installed and go to Help | User Guide or press F1:

help_userGuide

If you reached this post via the User Guide link found in the Welcome Screen, rest assured that we will fix that bug in the near future. Clicking the User Guide link should open the user guide and not take you to a blog post 🙂

Thanks,
Kirupa

1. These announcement days always make me feel a bit panicky. There’s so much stuff being announced over…

2. As you saw our earlier post announcing the Deep Zoom Composer, we have created a user guide describing

3. As you saw our earlier post announcing the Deep Zoom Composer, we have created a user guide describing

4. As you saw our earlier post announcing the Deep Zoom Composer, we have created a user guide describing

5. As expected, a lot of stuff was shown and discussed on the MIX08 keynote today: eight – Internet Explorer

6. Blogs says:

One of the cool things seen at Mix 08 today was the Deep Zoom technology. This was originally called

7. ASPInsiders says:

8. meeglosh says:

Hello,

My name is Mike, and I am the content lead over here at Solairs Labs, Montreal.  We have been a Microsoft partner for a couple years now, developing WPF multimedia content for large format interactive gesture screens.  We are about to dive into some serious 3D implementation (High res 3D scans of artifacts for some national Canadian museums), and I was wondering if there was someone there on the Blend development team who I can bounce some questions off of.  Please contact me at mike@solarislabstech.com if you think you would be the person to talk to (ideally involved in Blend’s more advanced 3D features).  Thanks!

Mike

9. With inspiration and a bit of help from MikeT , Daniel and Yasser (and John in his comments) I had a

10. With inspiration and a bit of help from MikeT , Daniel and Yasser (and John in his comments) I had a

11. Expression Blend and Design : Download the Preview of the Deep Zoom Composer Deep Zoom은 Silverlight 에

12. Eric says:

Not everyone is using Office 2007.  Any chance of a PDF?

13. Kirupa (MS) says:

Eric – I’ll have a PDF version posted tomorrow 🙂

14. You’ve been kicked (a good thing) – Trackback from DotNetKicks.com

15. Eric says:

Awesome, thanks a ton!  I think this is going to make showing the grandparents the metric ton of kids photos real slick!!

16. I’m wondering if DeepZoom would be something that would work well for a photo gallery?  I have over 20 gigs of 10 megapixel family photos and I upload new ones every month or so.  Could you programmatically create DeepZoom images and then have my family (some of which are on 28k modems) view optimized smaller versions of the images and then zoom in if they wanted to see a more detailed version?

17. develop .net says:

MIX 08 の基調講演において Silverlight 2 の新機能として注目を集めたものに Deep Zoom という技術があります。ちょうど、Virutal Earth 技術を使っている Live

18. One of the coolest things shown at MIX08 was Deep Zoom. Deep Zoom is a technology that came from a technology

19. One of the coolest things shown at MIX08 was Deep Zoom. Deep Zoom is a technology that came from a technology

20. Techniques says:

by Don Burnett Over at the Expression Blend blog, Microsoft released a tool for Silverlight 2.0 to preview

21. yaip says:

How do I "auto-fit" thumbnails?

22. I created my Star Wars Deep Zoom preview and really liked it, but then contacted the author of the site

23. Pete Brown on DPI in Blend, Joe Stagner on SL and Security, Laurence Moroney on DeepZoom in C#, SL Developer

24. Depuis la mise a disponibilité de Silverlight 2 au Mix08 il y a eu beaucoup d’articles, de blogs sur

25. It has been three weeks since we annouced Silverlight 2 at MIX08. Many of you are excited to getting

26. I had to learn DeepZoom recently and along the way I put together some handy notes .. below are the notes

27. Es ist mir leider im Trubel der letzten Wochen entgangen: Das deutschsprachige Silverlight Developer

28. Tim Aidlin says:

Check out the quick version of my digital portfolio using Deep Zoom!  Once they get layout debugged, I think this technology is really going to take off.

I love DZC!

29. Anonymous says:

Over at the Expression Blend blog, Microsoft released a tool for Silverlight 2.0 to preview release called the Deep Zoom Composer . The user guide has also been released . So what does this do for you? Well if you are developing HD photo applications

30. Today we covered Deep Zoom, based on Seadragon technology, which allows the users of our Silverlight

31. Nuntawat says:

When the RTM of Deep Zoom Composer will re released?

32. Kirupa (MS) says:

Sometime in the near future. In case you are interested, we just released another update to Deep Zoom Composer yesterday 🙂

33. trevor says:

are you guys planning on updating the guide, seeing as you have updated deep zoom composer quite a bit?

the output section provides very little info, and noe of the options that are now part of DZC.

documentation sorta helps, don’t you think – or is this tool simply meant for those internal people already in the know?

pu-leaze!  give us some doc’s here already

34. Kirupa (MS) says:

trevor – yes, the guide will be updated for our final release. We plan on actually providing more formal documentation both inside the application and online.

Cheers!

Kirupa

35. George Elam says:

you said we would have documentation with final release. When do you plan to do that?

thanks,

George

gelam@gelam.com

36. Kirupa (MS) says:

George – you have documentation right now in the latest version of DZC. You can also browse the same documentation online here: http://expression.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc295790.aspx

If there is something that isn’t adequately being covered by our documentation, feel free to let us know by responding.

Cheers!

Kirupa 🙂

37. Pankaj says:

In the latest zoom composer (version 0.9.000.6    &    Date Published: 4/16/2009)  there is no facility to export as SilverLight Project.

38. jan bradley says:

thank you for letting me use this fine tool and i am most anxious to try all the new prospects as i am an artist.  j.bradley

39. Peerappl says:

Es ist absolut unmöglich für mich diese englischen Kommentare zu verstehen. Leider "tut" auch kein Übersetzungs-Tool. D.h. für mich ist hier dieses Ganze unbrauchbar…

40. ranzow says:

every time i try to download this software keeps throwing error's stateing package cannot be opened and not microsoft certified??????

41. George Birbilis says:

I also came here from expression.microsoft.com/…/cc136523, pressing More Info at the Deep Zoom Composer icon there (next to the download option for it)

42. George Birbilis says:

also, you'll see below that many other posts on the web point to here for the user guide, so why not add a URL here to take one to the user guide online? (without having to download the s/w first to see what it's about)

43. Biljana says:

Can I add  deep zoom application  in the website  and how?

44. George Birbilis says:

YOU ALSO REACH THIS POST VIA http://www.microsoft.com/…/details.aspx if you click the "DeepZoom Composer" link in the description. So where is the online user guide or a download file for it?

45. George Birbilis says:

msdn.microsoft.com/…/cc295790.aspx that had been posted by Kirupa in the comments no more contains the user guide

Skip to main content