ASP.NET 4.5 Beta Web Forms Tutorial Series Published

We’ve published a new series of tutorials about how to develop an ASP.NET 4.5 web application on the ASP.NET site: Getting Started with ASP.NET 4.5 Web Forms
This five step tutorial series builds out a toy store application using Entity Framework Code First and a number of new features in ASP.NET 4.5 Web Forms, including effective use of the new model binding features.

New ASP.NET 4.5 Features

Here’s an outline of the tutorial series:

• Introduction and Overview
  • Display Data Items and Details
    • Adding a Data Control to Display Products
    • Displaying Products
    • Adding Code to Display Products
    • Adding a Data Control to Display Product Details
    • Running the Application

Feedback is welcome, and you can post your comments here, with the sample or with the tutorials.

— Erik Reitan
Web Platform and Tools Developer Content
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1. Linda Albert says:

The provided link "…/introduction-and-overview" is really helpful to me as i am learning The given site is very informative! Thanks for sharing!

2. Amit says:

Dear Friends,

I have make one mcq online test application which is web based. I found one big problem and I have no more time in deadline in this project. Any one please give me guidance in my beloved problem.

I have developed above app. in webbased, with .NET 3.5 with C# and SQL Server 2008. I found one big problem, that I could not use the Maths Equations which are made by MathType Software

in my Editor control. Even I couldn't use Ms-Word Equations in my Editor control in

application please guide me. I have use Telerik Editor control as well as Ajax Editor Control.

Please some one help me in this matter…

Please …

Thanx in Adv.. if any one get solution let me know…

3. ErikReitan says:

Hi Amit, I'm not familiar with the math equation software you mentioned above. Please post your question on the ASP.NET forums ( for help. This way many developers who have had similar issues will be able to see your question. Thanks

4. Sam says:

Thanks for this nice tutorial series

5. webform says:

nice tutorial,when will part two be available,I hope it will be available soon?

6. Merlin says:

Hi Erik,

When you'll post Part 2 and what will it cover?

7. ErikReitan says:

For part two, I'm currently planning the following tutorials: business logic (shopping cart), check out, membership with administration, global exception handing, and deployment. It will take some time to put this together and I want to make sure quality is the top priority.

8. Victor Gomes says:

Hello erik, thank you for teaching this magnificent tutorial, I'm having trouble with part of the shopping cart it displays the following message:

Checkout Error

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

Order total is invalid.

could you help me!!!

9. ErikReitan says:

Hi Victor Gomes,

The first thing you should check is that you have created your credentials for PayPal and added those credentials to the code. I hope that solves it.

– Erik