ASP.NET 4.5 Beta Web Forms Tutorial Series Published

We’ve published a new series of tutorials about how to develop an ASP.NET 4.5 web application on the ASP.NET site: Getting Started with ASP.NET 4.5 Web Forms

This five step tutorial series builds out a toy store application using Entity Framework Code First and a number of new features in ASP.NET 4.5 Web Forms, including effective use of the new model binding features.

New ASP.NET 4.5 Features

Here’s an outline of the tutorial series:

• Introduction and Overview
  • Display Data Items and Details
    • Adding a Data Control to Display Products
    • Displaying Products
    • Adding Code to Display Products
    • Adding a Data Control to Display Product Details
    • Running the Application

Feedback is welcome, and you can post your comments here, with the sample or with the tutorials.

— Erik Reitan
Web Platform and Tools Developer Content
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1. Linda Albert says:

The provided link "http://www.asp.net/…/introduction-and-overview" is really helpful to me as i am learning ASP.net. The given site is very informative! Thanks for sharing!

2. Amit says:

Dear Friends,

I have make one mcq online test application which is web based. I found one big problem and I have no more time in deadline in this project. Any one please give me guidance in my beloved problem.

I have developed above app. in webbased, with .NET 3.5 with C# and SQL Server 2008. I found one big problem, that I could not use the Maths Equations which are made by MathType Software

in my Editor control. Even I couldn't use Ms-Word Equations in my Editor control in asp.net

application please guide me. I have use Telerik Editor control as well as Ajax Editor Control.

Please some one help me in this matter…

Please …

Thanx in Adv.. if any one get solution let me know…

Regards,

AMIT

3. ErikReitan says:

Hi Amit, I'm not familiar with the math equation software you mentioned above. Please post your question on the ASP.NET forums (forums.asp.net) for help. This way many developers who have had similar issues will be able to see your question. Thanks

Erik

4. Sam says:

Thanks for this nice tutorial series

5. webform says:

nice tutorial,when will part two be available,I hope it will be available soon?

6. Merlin says:

Hi Erik,

When you'll post Part 2 and what will it cover?

7. ErikReitan says:

For part two, I'm currently planning the following tutorials: business logic (shopping cart), check out, membership with administration, global exception handing, and deployment. It will take some time to put this together and I want to make sure quality is the top priority.

8. Victor Gomes says:

Hello erik, thank you for teaching this magnificent tutorial, I'm having trouble with part of the shopping cart it displays the following message:

Checkout Error

10401

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

Order total is invalid.

could you help me!!!

9. ErikReitan says:

Hi Victor Gomes,

The first thing you should check is that you have created your credentials for PayPal and added those credentials to the code. I hope that solves it.

– Erik