We have some great news for Office and SharePoint developers. We launched this morning a new section on the MSDN Office Developer Center where you can find Office and SharePoint books that matter to developers. We also provide free book chapters!
MSDN Office Developer Bookstore
Here’s the set of links where you can find our bookstore pages:
- Office Developer Bookstore
- Book Excerpts for Office and SharePoint Developers
- Books for 2007 Office System Developers
- Books for Access Developers
- Books for Excel Developers
- Books for InfoPath Developers
- Books about Office Development with Visual Studio
- Books for Outlook Developers
- Books for Project and Project Server Developers
- Books for SharePoint Designer Developers
- Books for SharePoint Server Developers
- Books for Windows SharePoint Services Developers
- Books for Word Developers
Why books matter to developers?
|Research has shown that books are one of the most popular learning resources among developers. I agree with Research. Devs love books and most of us like collecting books with code samples. Why not have a place where we can have a live inventory of cool books that matter to Office and SharePoint developers? |
Also, MVPs and experts from our development community have authored more than 40 Office and SharePoint top-seller books. Why not help promote their work and wisdom? To make it even better for the community, the Office Developer Documentation group has contacted different publishers and acquired more than 70 book chapters. You can access book chapters on MSDN for free from our bookstore. Some book chapters are already published and some are coming soon. We will keep adding them to our book excerpts page as we publish more.
We joined the Amazon Associates program, so you if you want to buy a book, you can go directly from our bookstore pages to Amazon.
Not a developer? If you are an IT professional or an Information Worker and want to find Office and SharePoint books that matter to you, you can also find books on TechNet and Office Online (coming soon).
We’d like to invite everyone from the community to make our bookstore even better by referring more books. We are interested in hearing your recommendations for Office and SharePoint books that matter to developers. You can contact us through our Facebook group, our MSDN_Office twitter feed, or you can leave your comments @ this blog entry.