We have some documentation on Word and the Office Open XML Formats, but few documentation about Excel and PPT + the Office Open XML Formats. I am working with Joanna Bichsel and Mr. Ken Getz to get you all more samples that show you how to work with the System.IO.Packaging API to manipulate Excel workbooks and PPT slide decks. These samples have code in C# and VB.NET and they include a cool video that walks you through the process.
Ken repurposed 5/40 of the Office 2007 Open XML File Format code snippets and wrote great walkthroughs and videos that show you how it all works together. Today we published two of them:
- Office Open XML Formats: Retrieving Excel 2007 Cell Values
- Office Open XML Formats: Retrieving Lists of Excel 2007 Worksheets
We have three more coming soon:
- Office Open XML Formats: Replacing PowerPoint 2007 Slide Images
- Office Open XML Formats: Retrieving Lists of PowerPoint 2007 Slides
- Office Open XML Formats: Setting Custom Word 2007 Document Properties
We have more Office Visual How-Tos about Excel, Access, Excel Services, the BDC, PPT, the Fluent Ribbon extensibility, and Item-Level Auditing that will be available soon. We will start updating the MSDN Office Developer How To Center as soon as we publish them.