Look what I just found: 101 Visual Basic and C# Code Samples. The www has lots of great things out there and sometimes we can’t know about all of them. I have ended finding many good code samples by accident and I am always happy to find them; it’s almost as good as when you find money in the pocket of a jacket you haven’t used in a while.
An interesting thing of developing Office applications using managed code is that you always need knowledge of how to work with multiple .NET assemblies to accomplish different tasks. Even if you are a great developer and already know a bunch of classes, it always comes handy to learn best practices. Here is a list of some code samples you can find in there:
- Advanced .NET Framework (Localization) – Work with Resource Files
- File – How-To File System
- Framework – Creating an Enterprise Services Component
- Framework – How-To Configuration Settings
- Framework – How-To Work with XML
- Framework – Understanding the Garbage Collector
- NET Framework – How-To Send Mail
- Web Services – Consume a Web Service
- Windows Forms – How-To Automate Office
- Windows Forms – Use Regular Expressions
…and more, in fact 101 great code samples that are good to keep in your jacket’s pocket.