Several attendees asked me to share the roadmap slide from the developer track at Tech.Days 2011 this week.
This is my summary as of May 23rd 2011.
- Extra Small compute instance
- Windows Azure VM Role
- Windows Azure Connect
- Windows Azure Traffic Manager
- SQL Azure OData Service (labs)
- SQL Azure Reporting (Limited CTP)
- SQL Azure Data Sync (labs)
- AppFabric Service Bus enhancements (labs)
- SQL Azure Backup and Restore
- SQL Azure Federations
- SQL Azure codename “Austin”
- AppFabric Developer Tools
- AppFabric Application Manager
- AppFabric Composition Model
- Windows Azure Platform Appliance
- VM Role Support for Windows Server 2003
- VM Role Support for Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Constructing VM role images in the cloud
- Improved support for Java
The slides and videos from the day will be available on the Tech.Days site in due course but for now you can download my two decks from Slides for Windows Azure Developer Track on Monday 23rd.
- Connect with my team if you are an ISV (or similar) in the UK – http://bit.ly/ukisvfirststop (Including our blog, LinkedIn group and Microsoft Platform Ready assistance for Windows Azure)
- Attend a one day FREE event for Application LifeCycle Management with Visual Studio 2010 on June 27th in Reading