I talk to Hadi Hariri about the differences between Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development – and why Hadi chooses BDD every time. Hadi wrote an article on BDD for the December 2nd 2009 UK MSDN Flash newsletter:
“Test Driven Development (TDD) is about design, not about testing first. We use unit tests and testing frameworks to drive out the design of our API and validate its usage. Think of TDD as an approach to defining the specification of our application.
However the true purpose of TDD is not always completely understood. The word Test or testing framework constructs such as TestClass, TestMethod or Assert detract from the true goal of TDD. In response to this, Dan North came up with the term Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and a framework (JBehave) that supported BDD…”
- Hadi can be reached at http://hadihariri.com/
- BDD Frameworks/Tools MSpec, RSpec, Cucumber
- http://hornget.net/packages/ OSS project installer
- The full article on BDD appears in our FREE eBook
- Follow me and my team on twitter