I am not the biggest fan of Mondays but today is different. Today is a good day. Today we announced the availability of Beta 2 of Visual Studio 2010 and revealed the official launch date:
Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 will launch on March 22nd 2010
We have also tinkered with the packaging/licensing (to make things easier for you). We announced new packaging, licensing and pricing of Visual Studio 2010 and MSDN. The best bit (IMHO) is:
We include Go Live rights to allow you to evaluate in production environments.
The three main versions will be:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN – for team development
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium with MSDN – for developers building high quality, scalable apps
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional with MSDN – for basic development
For MSDN subscribers we also announced the following benefits:
- Team Foundation Server 2010 – All 3 versions of Visual Studio 2010 listed above will include Team Foundation Server.
- Windows Azure – Free usage hours of our cloud services platform including Windows Azure, SQL Azure and .NET services once the products become commercially available.
- eLearning – complimentary eLearning up to 40 hours per year per subscriber.
Visit the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Beta site to download the Beta, submit feedback, go to forums, and find more information about the Beta.
I’m off to kick off a download. Have fun!
P.S. If you are not an MSDN subscriber, then the bits should be available on October 21st including the Express versions of Visual Studio 2010.