I delivered a session on parallel at NxtGenUg Birmingham last night. As well as covering the new features in Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0 I also gave a heads up on Axum, an incubator project for a new programming language for parallel development as well as a brief look at Concurrent Basic, a research project from Microsoft. You might also want to check out a post I did introducing Axum.
The main links:
- Parallel team http://blogs.msdn.com/pfxteam/
- MSDN site http://msdn.com/concurrency
- Concurrent Basic on Channel 9
- Download Axum for Visual Studio 2008
- Axum team blog
- MSDN Flash eBook 13 of the “Best Technical Articles of 2008” (also http://bit.ly/flashebook1)
- MSDN Flash Podcast Pilot For feedback (also http://bit.ly/flashpod1)
- Sign up to the UK MSDN Flash newsletter – its technical! trust me!
P.S. The session didn’t quite go to plan as it turned out I had too much content for the slot. However it was enjoyable and there were lots of good questions from the audience (and nice biscuits).