This is a pilot podcast to accompany the fortnightly MSDN Flash newsletter. I would appreciate feedback on what you liked and what you didn’t – and even whether you managed to make it through the 20minutes.
Things I already plan to do:
- More formally split the podcast into sections (Fresh Discovery, User Group, Tip etc)
- Add music/sounds – especially to introduce the sections
- Host it “properly” 🙂
- Make it podcast subscriber friendly – via Itunes etc
- Full show notes for each episode
- Include interviews with the authors of the article etc
I am very keen to hear what you think about the style, length, content, overuse of the word “interesting” (!), use of snipurl etc. If nothing else – can you place where I am originally from? 🙂
Most importantly, I hope you enjoy it and learn something useful.
The podcast is 20minutes long and 14mb (< 1minute download). Currently hosted on skydrive…
Urls from the podcast:
- http://snipurl.com/flashuk MSDN Flash UK main site
- http://snipurl.com/ericnel My blog
- http://snipurl.com/flashebook1 MSDN Flash eBook pdf
- http://snipurl.com/flashwin7 msdev.com Windows 7 for Developers training
- http://snipurl.com/flashie8 Mike Ormond on IE8 Accelerators
- http://snipurl.com/flashug1 User Group: Devevening
- http://snipurl.com/gb28m Tip: Search in hidden text in the editor (1min)
- http://snipurl.com/flashpoll1 8th April poll - what language would you prefer to use in 12 months time?
- http://snipurl.com/flashpoll2 22nd April poll - how good are your estimating skills?
- http://snipurl.com/gb1cc Distributed cache platform “Velocity” CTP3 released
- http://snipurl.com/gb1cd SharePoint Designer 2007 Is Now Free
- http://snipurl.com/gb1ce How much does Team Foundation Server REALLY cost vs SourceSafe?
- http://snipurl.com/gb1cf Introduction to the .NET Framework's Code Access Security
- http://snipurl.com/gb1hu Scientific Computing with Meta Numerics 1.0
- http://snipurl.com/gb1hv Manage Your Data Effectively With The Microsoft Sync Framework
- http://snipurl.com/gb1ca 5 Reasons For Taking a Closer Look at ASP.NET MVC