And the feed is now http://feeds.feedburner.com/IUpdateable
I have explained why over on IUpdateable. Hopefully this won’t cause you too much trouble. Don’t forget to update your favourite blog reader to use http://feeds.feedburner.com/IUpdateable. Thanks for taking the time.
You should expect:
- Information on the very latest developer related technologies for building applications for Windows – client, server and cloud.
- A strong bias towards data – Object Relational Mapping, “Data in the Cloud”, Syncing data, RDBMS systems, N-tier data etc.
- Specifically I will be initially covering the ADO.NET Entity Framework, ADO.NET Data Services, SQL Data Services, LINQ, LINQ to SQL, LINQ to Entities, Windows Azure
- And I will be therefore be using Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 to do it.
Whilst “back in the day” I was a very good developer, I pretty much stopped doing any significant development before Visual Studio 2005 shipped. I am (slowly) getting back into regular development as part of my new role and to add to the fun I decided to learn Visual Basic 2008 rather than the more obvious (for me anyway) C# 3.0. Which means you should also expect:
- A lot of posts using Visual Basic .NET but not exclusively
- More and more code in my posts over time.
Finally, I am based in the UK which means that there will also be a bunch of UK specific stuff – events, conferences, opportunities etc. I also happen to be the technical editor of the UK MSDN Flash, hence expect some Flash related stuff from time to time.
P.S. I do continue to have another blog on msdn http://blogs.msdn.com/goto100 – which is just on VB things.