From that work they went on to create Velodoc XP Edition, a downgraded version of Velodoc without repository and without security which they recently released under the GPL license at http://www.codeplex.com/VelodocXP.
This is a comprehensive package containing:
1. An ASP.NET Http module to stream the upload of large files (compatible with IIS7 integrated pipeline mode);
2. An ASP.NET Http handler to provide resumable downloads of large files;
3. ASP.NET server controls to develop user interfaces with file upload functionality, including a multi-upload control, a listview control and a progress bar control;
4. A web application which is an FTP replacement for exchanging large files with email contacts and which also serves as a sample implementation of the components listed above;
5. A windows service to periodically purge old files;
6. A test project;
7. A deployment project;
8. A setup project;
Also check out the following articles on codeproject.com:
- http://www.codeproject.com/KB/ajax/ProUpload.aspx <– if you only read one, I recommend this one.
Well done folks!!!