In my previous post I talked about where is the redist for Service Pack 1? Whilst looking into this issue for an early adopter, I also struggled to find the release notes for SP1 (and http://support.microsoft.com simply refused to help!).
Thanks to an internal search I finally came across most of what I was after. The support article is:
And the bit you are after is:
The .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 fixes the problems that are described in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 932471 FIX: Error message when you try to open or to create a protected XPS document by using the XPS viewer that is included with the .NET Framework 3.0: "Cannot open this document because your permissions have expired"
- 932816 FIX: You experience various problems in Windows Workflow Foundation
- 935314 FIX: You may experience issues with Windows Communication Foundation peer channel connections
- 935315 The COM+ application cannot start when you use the COM+ Service Model Configuration tool to expose the COM+ components in the COM+ application
- 935434 FIX: Error message in FIPS-compliant systems when you use Windows Communication Foundation to serialize generic types: "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms"
- 936123 FIX: Error message when you open a workflow by using the workflow designer in Visual Studio 2005: "Error loading workflow"
- 936512 FIX: A memory leak occurs when you send many messages by using the NetMsmq transport in the .NET Framework 3.0
- 938758 FIX: The Unload method may stop responding (hang) in a Windows Workflow Foundation project
- 942520 FIX: You may experience slow performance when you run a Windows Communication Foundation application