Classic rock test

If you’re as old as I am, you should

Test your classic rock knowledge

I scored 74%

1. Eric Gunnersono did a quiz. I had to do it too (and I even beat him 🙂 The Veteran You scored 82%! You’ve

2. Man, 98%, and yet I can’t name 2% of songs from the last 10 years. I suck even more than I thought – I’m officially the person I swore I would never turn into : ).

3. Kent Sharkey says:

Likely the only test I could better you on, so worth documenting:

You scored 94%!

4. Chachi Arcola says:

94%, but I only guessed on one question, so I’m not sure what else I missed.

5. Fred Beiderbecke says:

Under 100%?  What have you guys been doing?  That couldn’t have been any easier.  No obscurities at all in there.

6. Joseph Ottinger says:

I scored 98% too – I think I missed "Blonde on Blonde," because my favorite Dylan songs were, like, covers from other artists.

7. Kris says:

After reading your blog over the years (and your book), I realize it’s a special occasion when I out score you at anything!  94% and I believe I’m younger than you, though 30 isn’t exactly young these days!  Still, while other punks were listening to Bon Jovi and Poison I was sharpening my skills on Public Enemy, Floyd, and Zeppelin.  BTW, I have done the Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of OZ thing, so I have paid my dues to the School of Rock!

8. bbb says:

I got 100%. I had to guess on American Fool – I was never a fan of Johnny Cougar.

The rest were way too easy, but then I’m almost 40.

9. JamesCurran says:

Well, I ws going to gloat the I got a 92%, then I saw some of the scores here.

Of course, since you posed the challenge as "If you’re as old as I am", this brings up the question, how old are you?  (A question that first occurred to me last week, when you declared October 13th, 1953, as "time immemorial".)

10. ericgu says:

This post may provide some insight in to that question:

11. Cameron says:

90% for me.  Not bad considering I prefere younger fare like Iron Maiden and Tesla.

<a href ="">Cameron</a&gt;

12. JamesCurran says:

hmmm…. That does confirm what I thought (that you were roughly my age — although I though you were slightly older rather than slightly younger).

But that does leave the question, why did memorable time start 10.5 years before you did?

13. ericgu says:

You are making a rookie mistake. You are assuming that there is meaning in what I wrote.

I chose that date because it was a convenient date before I was born.

14. Carl Daniel says:

82%, but then I don’t consider myself a classic rock fan at all – Just an old guy with a decent memory.  74% is not bad for a young ‘un like yourself though 😉

15. paul says:

Rock Star

You scored 100%!

You damn rock star. You know all the basics, and if you got any wrong, I bet it was that stupid Traveling Wilburys question. Your friends are probably intimidated by your knowledge of classic rock and envy your impressive collection. When a classic rock song comes on the radio, you can probably identify it before the vocals kick in most of the time. You probably get good scores on the "maiden name of Clapton’s mom" tests, too.

16. X.Static says:

72%…it’s worth mentioning that I’m 27. I only guessed on 2, and apparently did 20% better than most other folks my age.