50 worst albums ever…

Q Magazine released a list of the 50 worst albums ever.

1. Duran Duran – Thank You
2. Spice Girls – All Their Solo Albums!
3. Various – Urban Renewal: The Songs Of Phil Collins
45. William Shatner – The Transformed Man
46. Oasis – Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants
47. Ozzy Osbourne – Under Cover
48. Milli Vanilli – All Or Nothing
49. Neil Young And The Shocking Pinks – Everybody’s Rocking
50. Beck – Midnight Vultures

There is a copy of #32 in my house, which IIRC correctly was purchased by my wife, though since I listen to it as well, I guess I should could it as mine. But that’s the only one that I own.

Time to fess up. What ones do you own? What’s missing from the list.

(From Respectful Insolence, a nice medical/science blog that I read…)

1. #32 was a huge hit.  I knew someone who listened to it several times a week.

2. Wayne says:

I own Paul Simon’s Songs from the Capeman.  It’s a pretty good album.  It’s true that the Broadway show was a bomb, but that shouldn’t take away from the music.

I also have The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 3.  It’s not as good as Vol. 1 (there is no Vol. 2), but it’s by no means one of the 50 worst albums ever.

3. Garth says:

I did own #13.. 😉

4. David says:

I used to own #48.  What’s missing from the list is Pat Boone’s "In a Metal Mood."  That should be near the top.

5. Andy says:

That Beck’s Midnight Vultures is on that list is a crime against nature. Sure, it’s not one of his best albums, but I can’t comprehend how it could be on a 50-worst list.

that said, the others i have ( and there’s no need to "fess up", i like them ) are 23, 43, and 46.

6. Scot Boyd says:

Luckily I own none of those.

7. steven says:

"Limp Bizkit"? Sounds like a kitchen accident or a glandular condition.

8. I can understand 1-49. But I have to agree with Andy in that having Midnight Vultures on there is an unforgivable sin. In my mind I’ll just replace it with Shaq’s rap album.

9. Like Andy says, how can anything by Beck be on that list.

I can admit to owning a single or two off a couple of these albums, but not one of the single album (not even Becks)

10. Padu says:

Luckily I don’t own neither one of those…

11. Brad Wilson says:

What’s REALLY a crime is #5. That album is a fantastic departure from the norm for him, long before it was cool to be in cyberspace. I consider it a must-own album for all self-respecting geeks.

12. Judah says:

I don’t own a single album listed there. In fact, I don’t own a single album. I download all my music. :c)

13. Nick says:

Why an Ozzy Osbourne album?

Why not Kelly Osbourne’s POS "album"?

14. Shondo says:

True about No. 9

15. tatiana says:

it´s bul s…t the spice solo are awewsome first listen and then judge all of you motherf….s

16. gloria says:

excuse me but forever it´s a great album why don´t you put destiny child that´s awful and you know what spice girls forever melanie c have a great 3 albums yes you listen well great album so please kiss my ass if u think different

17. I own, and I like #11. May be I should listen to the lyrics more carefully?

18. Garry Trinder says:

Own: #15 & (I think, I’ll have to check) #23

My choice (which I’ll sure I’ll get heat for, since apparently everyone else loves it):

Radiohead’s OK Computer

19. Thea Burger says:

Each and every "boy-band" should be on that list, not only Westlife. Backstreet Boys would be my first item, and Justin Timberlake. O, and Britney and her husband.

Completely agree with Nick on the Ozzy album. Like 11, 23, 25, 47. Use to own 32 (blush)

20. Vic Berggren says:

One wonders how is it that Eddie Murphys album escaped the list?

21. anna says:

the spice girls are the best …………. who buy Q magazine anyway?

22. Fabian says:

And Depeche Mode?

23. Mark says:

#1 and #32 are both in my collection 🙂

24. Eric Newton says:

The record companies should be proud of this crap.  Just think… somebody lined their pockets with even more money for crap albums like these…

I thank God for mp3 and being able to listen to an album before I have to buy it, and get a chance to say… "This sucks.  Delete…" without having shelled out 15 bucks each.  The focus began to be just simply put one single GREAT song on a CD with 10 other CRAP songs.

Halleujah for choice.