There I was, minding my own business, without a care in the world. And then it happened...
Well, to be truthful, it was at least partly my fault. Perhap I should back up a bit.
I was at home, at about 5:15, glueing gravel to my face. It was going pretty well, and as I was adding the gel blood, I knocked my helmet off, and the moss fell out of my helmet. What a mess.
Perhaps some details are in order:
- Embedded in my chest is a 30 tooth 105-series shimano chainring. Well, part of a chainring - the rest is coming out of my helmet
- There's a spoke coming out next to the wound near my right eye. Another coming out of my bike shorts.
- Wounds on my face, right arm, left wrist, and right knee.
- Chain (shimano ultegra 10 speed)
- Remnants of an inner tube coming out my left leg.
- Moss in the helmet
Important safety tip: If you decide to do something like this, I suggest taping the aforementioned cycling parts to your shirt, if you're interested in the easy way out. If, however, you wish some assistance in projecting your injured tape, adhesive tape works well.