[Update: I got this to work by turn on IIS, installing ASP.NET on it, and then using a google map key registered for http://localhost.
I had tried this with Cassini (the development web server that comes with ASP.NET 2.0) with keys registered to both http://localhost and http://localhost:3348 (or whatever the port ended up being), but couldn’t get it to work.
So, now my code uses different keys based on whether I’m on my dev system or on the real site.
Thanks for the help…]
I think I’m missing something.
I spent some time today trying to get google maps up and running on my development system, without any luck. I’ve tried editing my hosts file and pointing my domain name to 127.0.0.1, making up a fake name and pointing that to my current IP address (with a new google api key), and a few other variations.
None of these are working. I think it might be because I’m using the Cassini web server rather than IIS, but I’m not sure.
So, if somebody can list the steps I need to get this working, I’d be much obliged.