Special birthday presents for her…

(Kim, make sure you don't read this, as it will ruin the surprise)

My wife's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. I generally do a decent job at presents (how many other guys do you know that got their wife a trebuchet?), but I decided I needed some help, and went on over to FindMeAGift.com. Let'ssee what they recommend, shall we?

Body Fat Monitor

Yes, there's nothing that makes a girl happier than a gift that says, “you're carrying around a few too may pounds”. While you're at it, why not get her a copy of this book:

That will really finish off the evening right.

I don't think I'm going to be buying any of these, though giving the home DNA profiling kit is sure to make her wonder about your intentions.

1. Ron Green says:

"I generally do a decent job at presents (how many other guys do you know that got their wife a trebuchet?),…"

You got your wife a font? 😉

2. Tim says:

A trebuchet is a heavy catapult. AOE is good for something, anyway. Where is she storing it?

Don’t ask me, I never know what to get. She gets mad if I admit that.

3. Tim says:

Sorry, I should have said my wife gets mad if I admit I don’t know what to get.

4. Paulo Morgado says:

I’m so bad at buying presents that I don’t buy anything for anyone on those mandatory ocasions (birthdays, christmas, etc.).

Usually, my wife (who couldn’t love it more) buys the presents to everyone. Including herself (and then she shows me what I "give" her).

She was mad for a very short period until sher realised it was the only way she was ever goinga to get any presents from me.

5. Bum, I thought you were going to give me a good idea to save away for later.

Best present recently was the Pentax Optio S4 since it’s size is perfect even for an evening bag. (also meant I could indulge my geek shopping instinct)

The other good one was the gift voucher for Rigby & Peller for valentines which was extremely nicely gift wrapped.

So far I’m bit stuck for this christmas, but I generally seem to do all right with my jewellery choices.

6. You know, I suck at giving gifts, but I wouldn’t even do something as foolish as that (unless I really ^wanted^ a beating that night).

What the hell did Kim do with a trebuchet? I mean, last time I checked, the Seattle militia wasn’t mounting a siege anywhere, were they?

7. D. Brian Ellis says:

A trebuchet? I used to look to you as a technical curiosity and source. Now…you are my personal hero.

8. For Christmas I ask my wife to mark all the things she likes (with sizes and colors) in all the cataloges that come in the mail. I pick items from several of them. This way she gets things she wants but is still surprised.

9. Raymond Lewallen says:

So what does a trebuchet cost? A friend and I have been pondering building one… but that all depends on where you can buy one and for how much.

10. Eric says:

The trebuchet is here:

"It’s only a model…"

11. Bert's blog says:

Op http://www.troel.nl komt een overzicht van wat we allemaal gedaan hebben op vakantie…

Bij het bijlezen van de e-mail en weblogs vond ik dat ik dez

12. MBA says: