The following is a “must-have” in my opinion, for most enterprises today using Windows Azure.
With these cmdlets you can effectively automate and manage all your services in Windows Azure.
Specifically, you can:
· Deploy new Hosted Services
- Automatically upload your packages from the file system to blob storage.
· Upgrade your services
- Choose between automatic or manual rolling upgrades
- Swap between staging and production environments
· Remove your Hosted Services
- Automatically pull down your services at the end of the day to stop billing. This is a critical need for test and development environments.
· Manage your Storage accounts
- Retrieve or regenerate your storage keys
· Manage your Certificates
- Deploy certificates from your Windows store or the local filesystem
· Configure your Diagnostics
- Remotely configure the event sources you wish to monitor (Event Logs, Tracing, IIS Logs, Performance Counters and more)
· Transfer your Diagnostics Information
- Schedule your transfers or Transfer on Demand.