Windows Azure: CTP Participant Reminder
All Windows Azure Community Technology Preview (CTP) accounts in the twenty-one launch countries are set to expire on January 31st, 2010. If you have not yet converted your CTP account to a paid subscription, your CTP applications and storage accounts will be disabled after January 31st, 2010. To convert your account to a paid subscription, please follow the upgrade process described here.
Please contact Microsoft Online Customer Support if you require further assistance.
CloudCamp 2010 Seattle
This year, CloudCamp Seattle is on a week night. It starts at 6pm this Wednesday (February 3rd) - downtown at the Grand Hyatt (thank you to the Open Group for providing space. There will again be pizza and beer, starting right at 6pm, then the Lightning Talks, Unpanel and Open Space discussions like last year. There is limited space, so please be sure to register soon. There will be a repeated event later on this February.
Interesting Mission-Critical Applications Survey Results
Microsoft has just collected the results from a “Mission Critical Applications” study, which was conducted by IDC, of corporate IT departments to assess current practices towards mission critical applications. The survey gathered data from over 900 enterprise customers across the United States, France, UK and Germany.
This survey data demonstrates the leadership of the Microsoft platform across several product categories, and provides strong evidence that customers today are betting their businesses on the Microsoft platform and developer tools. You can find a quick summary of the survey methodology and key findings below:
· Windows Server has #1 server OS share (52.7%) for deployed mission-critical applications
· Windows Server and .NET are the #1 (54.1%) deployed application server
· .NET usage exceeds Java across all sizes of enterprises
· Windows Server is the #1 OS used (46%) by deployed mission critical Java applications
· SharePoint leads (over IBM WebSphere) as the #1 portal used by enterprises’ primary mission-critical application
· SQL Server leads (over Oracle) as the #1 database used by enterprises’ primary mission-critical application
· BizTalk Server leads (over Oracle) as the #1 process integration technology used by enterprises’ primary mission-critical application
Microsoft leads as the #1 (58.6%) vendor for service oriented architectures
(Did you hear we are providing Cloud Computing too??!!)