We're currently recruiting for the Visio Customer Council, which is a great way to have an early impact on the next version of the product. Please read below to see if you are interested. For all of you RSS aggregators, forgive the spam if you're getting this on the other Visio blogs too - we wanted to make sure that everyone who's interested in Visio saw it.
We're always looking for ways to better understand the needs and concerns of Visio customers. To that end, one of the tools we use is the Visio Customer Council.
Council members are uniquely positioned to have their voices heard by the designers and developers of Visio. Members can provide feedback on proposed features and interact, face-to-face, with the Visio product team. Council members share their views in person, through regular conference calls, and in electronic mail.
There are a limited number of Council member positions, and members serve for a period of one year. We are recruiting for the 2006-2007 council now.
If you are interested in helping shape the next generation of Visio, we'll ask you to:
- Participate in monthly conference calls with the product team;
- Come to Redmond at least once a year to attend an in-person, two- or three-day Visio Customer Council Symposium;
- Review and provide detailed feedback on proposed features designs;
- Install, use, and provide feedback on Visio beta software;
- Respond to questions from the product team via phone or e-mail;
- Host Visio product team members at your place of business from time to time to understand more about how your and others at your organization use Visio;
- Sign a nondisclosure agreement with Microsoft.
Since the readers of this blog are among the most dedicated Visio users, we'd like to give you the opportunity to join the Council. If this sounds like something that would interest you, please contact me by e-mail, and we'll get our Planning group in touch with you.