Been a while since our last roundup and since my last blog post for that matter! Fortunately there’s been a bunch of cool stuff going on in the community with our Web APIs that I can point you to. Great to see the community momentum pick up as we cross the 5000 download mark on Codeplex!
- WCF Web API general
- Url shortening with WCF Web Apis HttpClient – Paul Jenkins of MahTweets fame posts on using our new Http client API for calling a url shortening service
- Consuming WCF Web (REST) Apis in Silverlight – Joe Mcbride blogs about a new SimpleHttpClient he created for accessing WCF Web API services and other services.
- WCF HTTP – Processors under the hood – Gustavo gives a deep overview of how processors work. He also shows how to build several processors including a processor that will convert uri parameters into native types.
- Middleware in the WCF Web APIs – Ryan posts on how you can use our new Processor api for plugging in Middleware like different view engines.
- Extensions – WCF HTTP Services – Funnel Web is an OSS blog engine. This post shows you how you can plug in services which are hosted in FunnelWeb and which have DI support through Autofac via the new IoC extensions in Preview 3.
- WCF HTTP – Cool processor for Navigation – Gustavo shows us how a custom processor can simplify handling sub-resources.
- Authenticating clients in the WCF HTTP Stack – In this Pablo Cibraro introduces some extensions for WCF Web APIs based on previous interceptors he had for the REST Start Kit which are used for authenticating clients. He says he believes the new Web APIs offer much richer support for building HTTP oriented services in NET. We agree 🙂
- Using WCF Web APIs / WCF Http with ASP.NET Forms Authentication – Alex Zeitler shows us how to use WCF Web APIs with ASP.NET forms authentication!
- ASP.NET MVC
- JSON, ASP.NET MVC and JQuery – Working with Untyped JSON made easy – Ana posts on how you can access untyped Json via a custom model binder in MVC which uses the new JsonValue that we ship in WCF Web APIs
Podcasts / Videos
- Take some REST with WCF – My talk at MVCConf on our new APIs including exposing OData, and usage with MVC.
- endpoint.tv – WCF Web API – Content Types – Ron Jacobs and I look at the new media type support in WCF Web APIs which enables building great browser apps that use JQuery to talk to HTTP Services.
- Yet Another Podcast #25-Glenn Block/WCF – Jesse Liberty and I kick it about HTTP, REST and the new Web APIs. That is after I finish interviewing him. :p
WCF Web API team
- I’ve moved – Howard Dierking (formerly of MSDN Magazine) announces that he has joined our team!