Sometimes we are getting question how to set up user access to user is able to view Enterprise Portal but also able to personalize the page.
To achieve it you need to do following:
1. Log into Enterprise Portal as site collection administrator
2. Click Site Actions > Site Settings.
3. Under Users and Permissions click Site Permissions.
4. In the action bar click Settings > Permission Levels.
5. Click on Read.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Copy Permission Level.
7. Give the new Permission level a unique name (e.g. ReadAndPersonal).
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enable the 3 permissions under Personal Permisssions (Manage Personal Views – Create, change, and delete personal views of lists, Add/Remove Personal Web Parts – Add or remove personal Web Parts on a Web Part Page. Update Personal Web Parts – Update Web Parts to display personalized information), then click Create
9. Go back to Site Settings > Site Permissions.
10. To add new user click on New
11. Select Grant users permission directly and enable only the new permission level (e.g. ReadAndPersonal)
After that user will be able to Personalize pages, but when he will try to add any of Dynamics AX Web Parts he will get error “Select Grant users permission directly and enable only the new permission level (e.g. ReadAndPersonal)”
To avoid the error you will need:
1. Log into SharePoint 2010 Central Administration
2. Select Application Management > Manage Web Application
3. Select the application where Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Enterprise Portal is installed and click on “Web Part Security”
4. In “Scriptable Web Parts” enable “Allow contributors to add or edit scriptable Web Parts”.
|–author:||Czesława Langowska Vliegen, Egil Ivar Skjold|
|–ediror:||Czesława Langowska Vliegen|