We recently came across an issue, that if you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services some charts in the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Role Center have incorrect axis scale values on the Y-Axis. Instead of values from e. g. 0 to 1000 you only see 0-0-0-1-1-1.
For example the following chart reports are showing an incorrect Y-Axis scale:
Report Library Report Cust CashIflowvsCashOutflow CashReceiptJournalTotalsTrxCount ExpectedCashNextDays PostedCustomerInvoiceTotalsandTrxCnt Ledger ActualvsBudget GrossProfitinthePastXPeriods SalesInPastXMonths TotalAccountPayablePastXPeriods TotalAccountsReceivablePastXPriods TotalExpensesByPeriod Vend PurchasesPastXPeriods VendorInvoiceJournalTotalTrxCount VendorPaymentJournalTotalTrxCount
This issue does not exist if you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.
The problem is caused by the report design of the affected chart reports. More concrete the Max Value property of the Y-Axis is having the value 1E-06 set which is wrong. Changing the property to 0 (which means Auto) and re-deploying the Report Libraries resolves the issue.
In order to change the Max Value property please follow these steps:
- Log on to a PC having Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Client and the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Reporting Tools installed
- In the Dynamics AX 2009 Client open the AOT window and navigate to AOT\Report Libraries
- Select the Report Library containing the chart report you want to update, click with the right mouse button at it and chose Edit in Visual Studio from the context menu
- Wait until the Report Library was opened in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Open chart report you want to modify by double clicking at it in the Solution Explorer pane
- In the tree navigate to Designs\Full\Page
- Select the XYChart design you want to modify, click with the right mouse button at it an select Properties from the context menu
- In the Properties pane change the property Data Scale Max Value from the value 1E-06 to the value 0 (which means Auto)
- Save your changes back to the Dynamics AX 2009 AOT by clicking at the Report Library in the Solution Explorer pane with the right mouse button and selecting Save to AOD from the context menu
- Re-Deploy the updated Report Library using the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Report Deployment tool