Sometimes you may come across an issue with deploying ODC files from "AX2009 ->Administration -> Setup -> Business Analysis -> OLAP -> OLAP Administration" for various reasons and you have already tried the suggestions given in this link, then you can follow through the following manual steps to deploy them to the Enterprise Portal Server:
1. The ODC files are deployed to the Data Connections page on the Enterprise Portal site. By default, the Data Connections page is located at: http://[your ep hostname]/sites/DynamicsAx/Data%20Connections/Forms/AllItems.aspx
Verify if the files, definitely do not exist.
2. Download the attached AX2009_ODC_Files.zip and extract its contents to an empty folder. This contains 11 default ODC files.
3. Open the extracted ODC files with Notepad or any other text editor.
4. Edit all the odc files and replace the values in <odc:ConnectionString> to reflect your OLAP Server/Instance name and Database name:
Data Source=[Specify Your OLAP ServerName]
Initial Catalog=[Specify Your OLAP DbName]
ALSO, consider adding SSPI=Kerberos; to the ConnectionString, ONLY if you have configured Role Centers to use Kerbersos Authentication (given in bold below):
<odc:ConnectionString>Provider=MSOLAP.3;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;DataSource=[YourOLAPServerName];Initial Catalog=[YourOLAPDbName];SSPI=Kerberos;</odc:ConnectionString>
For example, if your OLAP Server name is Server1 and the OLAP database name is “Dynamics AX” and you have Kerberos Authentication configured then the <odc:ConnectionString> should look like this:
5. Save the changed ODC files.
6. If required, rename the ODC files names to match your OLAP database name, if not using the default database name "Dyanmics AX". By default the file naming structure is [OLAP Database name][space][Cube name].ODC, and there is also a default .ODC file just named as [OLAP Database name].ODC.
NOTE: The [OLAP Database name] is determined from what is specified in the "OLAP Administration" form under the "OLAP databases" tab (AX2009 ->Administration -> Setup -> Business Analysis -> OLAP -> OLAP Administration)
7. Browse to your Enterprise Portal site main site.
8. Click on Site Actions > Site Settings.
9. Under Galleries, click on Master pages.
10. Click on View all site content (top left).
11. Click on Data Connections folder (or alternatively browse to the Data Connection page, by default this is located at http://ServerName/sites/DynamicsAx/Data%20Connections/Forms/AllItems.aspx).
12. Import all the edited ODC files.
Unable to deploy ODC files to Enterprise Portal even after installing Hotfix KB960158 (or any AX 2009 Rollup Update 1, 2,3..)