The October 2011 Security Updates are now available on the ECE for Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded with Service Pack 3 and/or Windows® Embedded Standard 2009.
The October Security Updates include:
- KB2572078 - Vulnerability in .NET Framework and Microsoft Silverlight could allow remote code execution
- KB2567053 - Vulnerabilities in Windows kernel-mode drivers could allow remote code execution
- KB2570947 - Vulnerability in Windows Components could allow remote code execution
- KB2572073 - Vulnerability in .NET Framework and Microsoft Silverlight could allow remote code execution
- KB2586448 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- KB2592799 - Vulnerability in ancillary function driver could allow elevation of privilege
These updates can be applied to the embedded component database. The database updates incorporate all security updates from prior months for the current year; therefore you do not need to install previous security database updates.