* Updated 7/8/10, to clarify how these fixes are delivered*
I am happy to be blogging about the availability of the first updates for the Windows Embedded Standard 7 product.
The first update on the ECE site, May 2010 Windows Embedded Standard 7 Update, is a roll up of security updates applicable to Windows Embedded Standard 7 up until May 2010, grouped under a master KB number KB982936:
- KB971468 Vulnerabilities in SMB Server could allow remote code execution
- KB975560 Description of the security update for Quartz: February 9, 2010
- KB977165 Vulnerabilities in Windows kernel could allow elevation of privilege
- KB978251 Vulnerabilities in SMB client could allow remote code execution
- KB972270 Vulnerability in the Embedded OpenType Font Engine could allow remote code execution
- KB974571 Vulnerabilities in CryptoAPI could allow spoofing
- KB975467 Vulnerability in the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service could allow denial of service
- KB978601 Description of the security update for Windows Authenticode Signature Verification: April 13, 2010
- KB979309 Description of the security update for Windows Cabinet File Viewer Shell Extension: April 13, 2010
- KB979683 Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel could allow elevation of privilege
- KB980182 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- KB980232 Vulnerabilities in SMB client could allow remote code execution
- KB981332 Description of the security update for Visual Basic Scripting (VBScript) 5.8: April 13, 2010
- KB978542 Vulnerability in Outlook Express and Windows Mail could lead to Remote Code Execution
and these two important updates –
- KB979099 An update is available to remove the application manifest expiry feature from AD RMS clients
- KB979306 February 2010 cumulative time zone update for Windows operating systems
KB982199 is an update for 64-bit systems which fixes the following issue: CreateProcess fails for 32 bit Applications on Windows Embedded Standard 7 64-bit runtimes when redirection disabled
These fixes are also available through the new servicing client for the toolkit’s distribution shares, Windows Embedded Developer Update (WEDU). You will find them under the KB numbers KB982936 and KB982199.
These language packs are live on ECE and will be available shortly through the WEDU client.