The April 2010 Security Updates are now available on the ECE site for Windows® Embedded Standard 2009 and/or Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded with Service Pack 2, Feature Pack 2007, Update Rollup 1.0 and Service Pack 3.
These security updates can be applied to the component database.
The April Security Updates include:
- KB 979306 February 2010 cumulative time zone update for Windows operating systems
- KB 975561 Vulnerability in Windows Movie Maker Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- KB 980182 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- KB 981210 Vulnerabilities in Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. This KB solution is comprised of the following KB Update packages: 978601 and 979309
- KB 980232 Vulnerabilities in SMB Client Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- KB 979683 Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege
- KB 981169 Vulnerability in VBScript Could Allow Remote Code Execution. This KB solution is comprised of the following KB Update packages: 981332 for Standard 2009, 981349 for XPe UPR1, SP3 and Standard 2009, and 981350 for XPe SP2 and FP2007.
- KB 981832 Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange and Windows SMTP Service Could Allow Denial of Service. This KB solution is comprised of the following KB Update packages: 976323
- KB 977816 Vulnerability in Microsoft MPEG Layer-3 Codecs Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- KB 978338 Vulnerabilities in Windows ISATAP Component Could Allow Spoofing
- KB 979402 Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution
This update also includes a revised release of KB 968816 for MS09-047 (Master KB 973812) to correct an issue with DRM content and missing CAT file.
If you have questions on accessing the ECE, please email MS Mobile & Embedded Communications Feedback & Support, ECE@microsoft.com.