After waiting and waiting and waiting, finally the Olympics of 2008 is just around the corner!
The opening ceremony will start at Friday 8/8/2008, 8:00 pm local time in Beijing, which is 5:00am early tomorrow morning Seattle Time. While I am excited and baffled on how to watch the live coverage of the ceremony here, I am also happy to learn that XPe is playing its role in the game too!
Austin, TX-based entertainment lighting and control systems manufacturer High End Systems (a new member of the Belgium-based BARCO Group), is playing a starring role in the ceremonies. Festivities will feature 120 HES Axon media servers – the largest quantity ever used on any live event. All effects will be accomplished in real-time using the media servers and projectors with moving Orbital Heads, and controlled with three of HES’ Wholehog 3 lighting consoles.
The servers being used in Beijing all feature:
· Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processors
· ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboards
· ATI HD2900XT Graphics Cards supplied by ASUS
· Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB Hard Drives
· Highly customized Microsoft Windows XP Embedded O/S utilizing DirectX, DirectShow, and .NET 2.0 Framework.
One more reason not to miss the spectacular opening ceremony! Enjoy the show and the technology :)!