The April 2007 Windows XP Embedded monthly supplement Updates are now available on the Mobile & Embedded Communications Extranet (ECE) for OEMs who purchase through Distribution (OEMs with a direct license agreement with MS will continue to access product downloads on MS OEM Online.) Other new supplements on the ECE include Microsoft .NET 3.0 Framework, Windows Media Player 11, Remote Desktop Protocol 6.0, and Windows Internet Explorer 7.
April 2007 Windows XP Embedded Updates
· The Update applies to Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded for Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2, and Feature Pack 2007, as well as Microsoft® Windows® Embedded for Point of Service (WEPOS) products. The Update also includes Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional for use with the Desktop Installer Tool Updates for Windows XP Embedded.
· The following Updates are included in the April 2007 release:
o KB 925902 Vulnerabilities in GDI Could Allow Remote Code Execution
o KB 930178 Vulnerabilities in CSRSS Could Allow Remote Code Execution
o KB 931784 Vulnerability in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege
o KB 932168 Vulnerability in Microsoft Agent Could Allow Remote Code Execution
o KB 931261 Vulnerability in Universal Plug and Play Could Allow Remote Code Execution
· The April Updates are available at the following link on the ECE:
Microsoft .NET 3.0 Framework for Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2
· The Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.0 (formerly known as WinFX) is the new managed-code programming model for Windows. It combines the power of .NET Framework 2.0 with new technologies that include: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), and Windows CardSpace.
· The Microsoft .NET 3.0 Framework is available at the following link on the ECE:
Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2
· Windows Media Player 11 includes enhanced features designed to help manage libraries of digital music, photos, and video on your embedded device.
· Windows Media Player 11 is available at the following link on the ECE:
Remote Desktop Protocol 6.0 for Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2
· Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 6.0 helps customers to use the new Terminal Services features and updates introduced in Windows Vista™ such as Network Level Authentication, Server authentication, resource redirection, TS gateway servers, Remote Programs, monitor spanning and other visual improvements.
· Remote Desktop Protocol 6.0 is available at the following link on the ECE:
Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2
· Windows® Internet Explorer® 7 for Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded Service Pack 2 is now available on the ECE. Enhanced features in Internet Explorer 7 focus on three areas:
o Making everyday tasks easier with enhanced navigation and search, improved printing and access to Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds.
o Dynamic security features provided through a robust new architecture, helping to defend against malware and phishing.
o Improved platform for web development and manageability through support for CSS, RSS and enterprise deployment and management.
· Windows Internet Explorer 7 is available at the following link on the ECE:
If you have questions on accessing the ECE, please email MS Mobile & Embedded Communications Feedback & Support, ECE@microsoft.com.